Friday, June 3, 2011

Sophia Deloria

On Tuesday evening we were watching the news and heard about a rock slide killing an 8 year old girl from Lahaina. On Thursday morning they finally announced her name; Sophia DeLoria...Ava's best friend from school. She was the sweetest, most energetic loving and talented little girl. After much thought we decided to tell Ava last night and it was one of the saddest and hardest things i've ever had to do. It broke my heart and I know it broke hers too.


I added a link if you want to read the story, it is truly tragic. I've had tears in my eyes for the past two days. Please keep her family in your prayers.

Family Devastated After Rockfall Kills Maui Girl

http://mauitvnews.com/blog/http:/mauitvnews.com/blog/tag/sophia-deloria/

Pictures of Sophia

3 comments:

  1. That makes me so sad. I'm sorry Ava :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sad. I cannot even imagine how Ava is feeling. :( I hope that she is ok and the family will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so adorable, so sad. Tell Ava I'm thinking about her.. :(

    ReplyDelete