Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!

As a result of my procrastination, I ended up doing my Thanksgiving shopping Wednesday evening...and boy was that a mistake! Winco was nuts to say the least! The isle's were packed with people standing in the way..some were shopping, others were just starring/daydreaming. Carts were everywhere, it was a madhouse! Somehow I got out of there in one piece with everything I needed! (Well, minus a cheese ball) When I asked an employee where I could find one, all I got were strange facial expressions in response...

Thursday morning I woke up and started cooking! Andy went to the store and got a cheese ball, veggies and Cinnamon rolls for everyone to snack on..yum! It was my first time cooking a turkey and I was honestly a little worried about how it would turn out. Ava was my little helper in the kitchen all day :) We made deviled eggs, broccoli salad, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy etc etc...We made our pumpkin pie the night before! I had a bunch of extra crust so we made elephant ears :) Then I ended up having way too much pie filling! (wishing I had saved my extra crust) but we decided to cook the pie filling in a dish by itself with marshmallows on top and it turned out delicious! Everything was ready at exactly the right time! It was amazing! Ha ha And my turkey turned out SO good! It was so juicy and tender, I couldn't have been happier :)

Cookin' in the kitchen :)
Andy carving our first turkey!


 


It was so nice to spend the day with loved ones, cooking, eating, movies and relaxing :) I love Thanksgiving because it reminds me of everything I am blessed with, especially my family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment